The great way to carve your upper body is to do upper back exercises. These exercises will prevent you from getting flabby arms. You will become stronger.
Here we have prepared some exercises to help you with your upper body. You should do such activities at least twice a week.
You can start this exercise as a warm up to prepare your shoulders, arms, and back for the further training session.
- In each hand, hold one dumbbell, and you have to place your hands at the chest level.
- Then extend one arm forward in the punching position at the shoulder level and turn your palms in during the punch.
- Continue doing it for 1-2 minutes.
Dumbbell bicep curls
This exercise is right for your shoulders, biceps, and upper back.
- You have to stand straight with keeping your feet apart by shoulder width.
- Engage your core in the exercise and squeeze your shoulders blades at the back.
- In each, your hand, hold one dumbbell with your palms facing inward.
- Bring the dumbbells near your shoulders and pause for two seconds.
- Now bring the dumbbells down.
Your elbows should be tucked and steady. The position of the angles does not get changed practically.
Dumbbell bench press
Your entire upper body gets worked with this exercise. This exercise primarily targets your shoulders, chest muscles, abs, and biceps.
- You have to sit on the flat bench and bent your knees at the angle of 90- degrees. You have to keep your feet straight on the floor and wide apart than shoulder width.
- Hold the dumbbells near your chest at the angle of 90- degrees and slowly lie back on the bench.
- Extend your arms entirely above your body.
- Then slowly lower your arms to the initial position.
Bent over lateral raise
This exercise not only helps in making your back, arm muscles, shoulder stronger but also improves your posture.
- Start this exercise by squats and bend slowly.
- In each hand take dumbbells and bring them in front of you.
- Slightly bend your elbows.
- Lift your arms and keep them in the shoulder line.
- Bring your arms to the starting point.
We can guess the working of this exercise by its name that this exercise works for your triceps. These are tricky muscles. We do not use these muscles much in our everyday activities if you don’t do any training for your triceps then you may likely to be on your way to flabby arms.
- Take dumbbells in your every hand and stand straight.
- Bend your left knee and bring your left leg forward.
- Keep your right elbow close to your body.
- Straight your right arm by kicking the dumbbell with your right wing.
- Come back to the initial position.
- Do the same with another arm.
Your upper back and shoulders get targeted by this exercise.
- Take a dumbbell in your every hand and stand straight.
- Bend your elbows at the angle of 90- degrees and bring your arms parallel to the floor.
- Raise the dumbbells over your head.
- Come back to the starting position.
This exercise not only works for your upper back and shoulders but also opens up your chest.
- Keep your feet with hip-width apart and keep your back straight.
- Take the dumbbells in your every hand.
- Bring the dumbbells near your chest bring your elbows in line up with shoulders.
- Come back to the initial position.
Your entire upper body gets worked with this exercise.
This exercise can work on your different muscles. It only depends on the position of your hands.
If you keep your arms apart by shoulder width, then this exercise will work on your back and shoulders. When you place your hands close together and doing narrower pushups, then this exercise is working on your triceps.
We all love plank. Not only your abs get improved, but also your arms and shoulders get improved by this exercise. This exercise is suitable for all the muscles of your body.
There are many ways to do a plank. So you can find it as the best way to do a plank that suits you.