Controls the heart rate-We believe that the average heart rate is between 60 and 100 beats per minute. According to some experts, the ideal resting heart rate is between 50 and 70 beats per minute. Whenever you feel that your heart works very fast then, first of all, you should visit the nearby doctor. There can be many symptoms of it which are heart diseases and anemia, etc.
In this article, we are going to discuss many techniques which can be the first remedies for this condition. You should feel good in 15-20 minutes with these techniques. If you do not feel good, then call 911. Now, take a look at the methods.
Perform the Valsalva maneuver
It is a breathing technique which leads to several changes in the heart rate.
A process to do it:
- With the fingers of one hand, pinch your nose to close.
- Close the mouth.
- Exhale in the way as you are inflating a balloon.
- Bear down, as you are doing a bowel movement.
- Do this process for about 10-15 seconds.
Use cold water
This technique is beneficial. It stimulates your vagus nerve which controls the heart rate. Splash the cold water on the face if you feel that your heartbeat is very fast. For this technique, you can also put your face in a bowl of cold water. You have to keep your face in a bowl of cold water as long as you can.
This method is very close to the Valsalva maneuver technique which we described above. This technique consists of two steps:
- You have to clench the stomach muscles and the anal sphincter.
- And bear down as you are doing a bowel movement.
Perform a carotid sinus massage
It also helps to controls the heart rate. This artery gets connected from our throat to the vagal nerve. You have a massage this artery gently with your fingertips which will stimulate the nerves and will decrease the heart rate.
Drink ice water
According to the research studies, there is a straightforward way to lower down the heartbeat. You only need to drink ice water. The ice water stimulates the vagal nerve. You will feel natural reflex, and it will lower down the heart rate.
There is a long history with the author of this site about a racing heart rate. The author felt like he was running for his wife very fast while he is like a hungry cheetah. The time was disconcerting, and while it was happening, he felt ill. To manage this problem, he created his solution for it.
- Hold the breath and count down to five.
- Inhale slowly and again exhale.
- Repeat the process.
The author of the article said that he does not have any medical education. He felt good with this technique, and others also used it and got good results. You also have an option to do a lot of breathing exercises if you do not want to follow an unknown person. You can get to know about these exercises from the yoga breathing.
These are some long term methods:
There are some other ways to decrease the heart rate to the average level. Such techniques are:
- More exercise: If you do daily physical exercise or activities, it can slow down your heartbeat to the average level.
- Reduce stress: There are many activities which help you to reduce your stress level that are daily breathing techniques, yoga, meditation. These will help you to deal with a racing heart.
- Avoid tobacco products: The persons who smoke daily have higher resting heart rates. Your heart rate can come to the average level if you quit smoking.
- Weight loss: People who gain much weight have an increase in the heart rate. It is the first step to reduce body weight to solve this problem.
If you know any other tips and techniques regarding it, then you can share them with us in the comments below. You people can also give your advice relating to it in the comments.