Baking soda shampoo-Baking soda is just not about the cakes and deserts in which it’s widely used but trust me, it could actually help treat dandruff which is not planning to leave you for quite some time. Our hair ends up getting more damaged when we use shampoos and conditioners which has excessive chemicals in them.
To get rid of all that build up from our hair, baking soda can be ideal. It can absorb the oil which is given out by the scalp, can remove impurities and also clean our hair well. Thus, baking soda indeed is a great option which could be used as a home remedy for treating our hair better. There are 3 ways through which baking soda could be used.
Vinegar and Baking Soda Shampoo
You will require:
- Baking Soda- 3 Tablespoons
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 2 Tablespoons
- An Essential Oil – 3 drops
- Some Water
- Warm a cup of water for a couple of minutes.
- To this water, add 3 big spoons of baking soda and mix well
- Take this solution and apply it to the scalp by gradually moving towards the ends of the hair. Try this solution on either wet or dry hair.
- Wash this away with warm water and prepare the hair well for a vinegar rinsing
- Take few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 8 big spoons of warm water with few drops of essential oil, as per fragrance requirement ( to mask the pungent fragrance of vinegar)
- Store this mix in a squeezy bottle. Apply this to the hair. Prevent the mix from any contact with the eyes.
- To seal the moisture and to add some nice sheen to the hair, wash this mix with cold water.
This is a great ingredient for too many DIY remedies. Baking Soda shampoo in place of regular shampoos help retain natural oils produced by our scalp; this makes our hair stronger. It might not create way too much lather like the usual shampoo but is definitely much more safe and beneficial to use.
Treating smelly hair through Baking Soda
You will require:
- Baking Soda- 1 tablespoon
- Cornstarch- 1 tablespoon
- Combine cornstarch powder and baking soda in equal amounts in a tiny cup. This is going to be applied as a dry shampoo.
- After sprinkling a small amount of this mix on the scalp, lather it evenly around the hair.
- Tousle the hair around by gently spreading the powder everywhere.
- Comb the hair out with a brush to blend the dry shampoo with the hair
- To get rid of the smell coming from the hair, repeat this technique twice a week.
Smelly hair is common with anyone who has an oily hair type. The oil makes the hair react with many environmental pollutants, and hence it starts smelling. The soda is an amazing ingredient to fix the problem. It absorbs excess oil and neutralized any odor from the hair. It helps balance the pH of the scalp to keep it dirt free too.
Dandruff treatment with Baking Soda
You will require:
- Baking soda- 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
- Take a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice along with a teaspoon of baking soda to make a nice smooth paste.
- Put this on your scalp and spread it gently over the entire hair length. Cover the entire area of the scalp evenly.
- Using a shower cap, cover the head and leave it for a rough 20 minutes to allow the action of the soda
- Wash the paste away with warm water. Wrap a dry towel around the hair.
- Using this paste is good to get rid of dandruff, once a week.
- Hair can have a rough time in winters. Dandruff is produced excessively which is an issue to get rid of. Using a variety of hair care products don’t work too efficiently. Using baking soda maintains the ph of the scalp and helps dandruff from any further growth as its highly alkaline in nature. This home remedy is ideal to get rid of white flakes which annoy you so very much.