The vegetable, potato got grown in around 100 countries all around the world. Such countries are China, USA, India, Ukraine, and Russia. Despite so much growth of potatoes, these are considered to be dangerous for your body.
Here we have researched whether it is dangerous to eat potatoes every day or not.
A small history lesson
Potatoes got generated from sunny South America. There you can find many kinds of vegetables that are even wild today. Potatoes got first used in the area of modern day that is Bolivia between 8000 and 5000 BC. Cats also got domesticated at the same time.
You should not be afraid to eat potatoes daily.
- The peel of potato is rich in potassium. This element helps to keep your heart healthy. Potatoes also contain little content of magnesium, phosphorous, calcium, iron, sodium, and zinc.
- A lot of vitamin C is also present in potatoes. When we heat the potatoes, most of the vitamin- C gets destroyed. So we should eat unpeeled and cooked potatoes.
- Fiber is also present in potatoes which is excellent for the intestines.
- There is no cholesterol present in the potatoes, but it only depends upon your cooking ways. For example, if you add oil in it while cooking, there is cholesterol.
- Your health of the skin can get improved with potatoes. You can also get relief from stress and depression with potatoes.
- You feel fuller for a longer time with potatoes. So you can lose your weight faster.
- Sometimes you can even gain weight by eating many potatoes. It happens when you eat fried potatoes or potatoes served with cheese. You have to eat these kinds of foods in high quantity to have serious health issues.
- Potatoes have a very high glycemic index so diabetes patients should be cautious. The influence of the potatoes on the level of blood sugar can get decrease by 25% if you cool down them.
- Some women want to decrease their breast size. You can lose some fat from your body with potatoes if you cook them in the right way. The decrease in the fat from the body influences the size of your breast.
- You should not eat raw potatoes because they contain a lot of solanine. Even after cooking, its level does not get decreased. You need not to panic because there will nothing wrong happen if you eat one raw potato.
- It is tough for you to stop yourself from eating a bag of chips. You eat more and more, and due to this, you get extra pounds.
What happens if you eat only potatoes daily?
In the year 2016, Andrew Taylor from Melbourne has decided to find an answer to the above question. He started going to the store for buying 13 pounds of potatoes. He got 99% of his calories from potatoes only.
He also wanted to deal with overweight. He treated food as a fuel for his body. He learned a lot about potatoes, and he discussed it with his nutritionist. They both decided that if he started feeling bad, then they would stop the experiment.
Throughout the period, he went through the regular medical check-ups. The cholesterol level and blood sugar level got dropped down. Other health indicators like blood pressure were all excellent. He felt great and also played sports. He lost 110 lbs after nine months.
He challenged himself and put on his diet for one year. By the end of one year, he got better results, and he lost 117 lbs. He got featured on several shows and also wrote two books. The names of his books are “A recipe book,” the other book was on how to overcome food addiction.
Your nutrition becomes very limited if you start taking potatoes in your diet. While eating potatoes your body cannot get calcium, selenium, and vitamins A, E, and K. Potatoes do not contain these elements or contain very less amount of them. There is very less amount of fatty acids and protein in potatoes. Your immune system needs protein.
Potatoes are not bad for your body but also healthier for you.