For all those beautiful ladies, stuck in a dilemma to choose a right shade of lipstick, this article is the one you need to read! Lip colours complement your skin tone and can enhance the put you want to show off. Not all shades work well for all women, so here’s how you could distinguish.
Basic Rules to Pick the Right Shade:
Lighter shades for day-time
A creamy or matte shade for the day works just right. Shades like peaches, rosy nudes, pinks, subtle browns or sheer finished colours make a wise selection!
For Glitzy nights!
Glossy colours are a must for setting the night in absolute glamour. Shimmer and shine never look loud during such times; Bolder colours like berry, purple, hot red can never go wrong too.
Always try before purchasing
When you set out for buying a good shade of lipstick, do try out as many as you can. Some look better on the lipstick but not for your skin tone. Beauty corners shall help you try variants of shades, and some might help you create an appropriate look for yourself.
Innovate around with the shades you dislike
You could end up buying a wrong shade, but there’s a way to fix the trauma. You could combine two shades carefully with a lip brush and blend it with a beautiful colour. A transparent gloss can add some glam to it!
Eye Makeup should go with you Lipstick
For simple eye makeup, choose dark bold colours. For dramatic eyes, choose lighter shades of lipstick.
Choosing a shade based on skin complexion:
For fair skin:
- Day: Beige with pink undertones or medium browns
- Night: Soft wine reds with cool undertones, bright pinks, subtle berry, deep rich copper browns, deep plum
- Day or Night: Subtle berry, reds with cool undertones, deep plum
- Rosy pink with a shimmer of gold is good for a fun, festive look
Stay away from bright orange-reds and loud pinks. Also, pale brown with yellow undertones can make your face look washed away.
For medium complexion:
- Day: Earthy colours like warm terracotta reds, browns, browns with yellow and pink tones, coffee browns
- Night: Blue reds, fuchsia, rich pinks, dark reds
- Medium complexions are flattered by creamy matte shades
Stay away from pale browns which may make you skin look washed out.
For yellowish skin tone:
- Day: Terracotta reds, pinks with brown tones, chocolate, rich browns, toffee browns
- Night: Soft plums with yellow tones, dark berry, reddish brown, mahogany, rich rose
Stay away from very light pinks, shades of mauve which can make skin look washed out. Orange-reds and bluish pinks also don’t flatter this type of skin.
For brownish or back skin tone:
- Day: Sheer pinks, sheer beige, lighter browns, medium pinks
- Night: Deep plums, Wine reds, Berry, Deep rose, Dark browns, mocha. Rich copper, mahogany, deep reds with the bluish tinge
- Medium glossy pink and shades of brown can flatter this skin tone well!
Stay away from orange-reds, pinkish reds and peachy reds for this particular complexion.